A mini facelift is an alternative to the traditional full facelift. It can be performed under local anaesthetic with minimal recovery time. It’s perfect for those who want to see a change in their appearance, but don’t want major surgery.
Who Is a Suitable Candidate for Mini Facelift Surgery?
Also referred to as a ‘weekend facelift’, it is less dramatic than a traditional face and neck lift. It is suitable for individuals with well-defined bone structure and good skin elasticity. For those with minor signs of ageing, it creates a smoother, more uplifted contour.
However, it does not address severe signs of facial ageing. Thus, with a mini facelift, jowls that are heavy or deep folds of skin may not improve as much as you desire.
What are the Advantages of a Mini Lift?
While many of us are used to having regular cosmetic procedures, cosmetic surgery is a big step. Thus, the mini facelift has several advantages over a full facelift in terms of downtime. Although, it must be remembered that it is not as extensive and has limitations. Results are not as long-lasting with a mini face lift, but your genes and lifestyle play a role.
The various aspects of a mini facelift may be more advantageous than others and include:
- A shorter recovery time
- Local anaesthetic is an option
- Little or no pre-operative testing required
- Recovery is quicker
- Going back to work in days rather than weeks
- Cost is considerably less than full facelifts
Another benefit of a mini facelift is it may be combined with other procedures. You can get a tailor-made result by targetting other areas of concern. For example, eyelid surgery or a brow lift can improve wrinkles in the upper face. This can give you a much more youthful look overall.
How Do I Know If a Mini Facelift Procedure is For Me?
Doctor Jesús Benito: Publications:
- Absorbable screws in endoscope-assisted forehead lifting. Benito J, Camargo VJ, Torres A.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2003
- Lifting medio facial. VI Reunión de la Sociedad de Cirugía Plástica, reparadora y Estética de la Comunidad Valenciana. 28-29 de octubre de 2005. Valencia
- Are lifting techniques for midface rejuvenation outdated? Congreso de EASAPS, Madrid 28 y 29 de noviembre de 2014.
IF YOU WANT, YOU CAN SET UP AN APPOINTMENT WITH DOCTOR BENITO.
The first visit is free and without obligation.
You can contact us on WhatsApp or Viber at +34 657 460 421.
If you wish, you can send us some photos to have an estimate quote. Photos will not be stored and will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Please explain the results you wish to obtain.