Why come to Spain to undergo radiotherapy or brachytherapy treatment?
– Quality of professionals and modern facilities.
– More affordable prices than in the rest of the European countries.
– A mild climate, ideal for combining health and holidays.
Spain is one of the main European destinations for patients wishing to undergo radiotherapy or brachytherapy treatment.
4 REASONS TO TRUST THE IMOR RADIOTHERAPY HOSPITAL (BARCELONA, SPAIN)
Most requested Radiotherapy and Brachytherapy treatments at the IMOR Radiotherapy Hospital.
SPECIALISTS AT THE IMOR RADIOTHERAPY HOSPITAL (BARCELONA, SPAIN)
Doctor Benjamín Guix Melcior
Specialist in radiotherapy oncology, prostate and breast brachytherapy and radiotherapy.Medical Solutions Barcelona
Doctor Ferran Guedea Edo
Specialist in radiotherapy for breast and gynecological tumors.Medical Solutions Barcelona
Doctor Manuel Algara López
Specialist in the treatment of breast, hematological and lung neoplasms. Specialist in palliative radiotherapy.Medical Solutions Barcelona
The IMOR Radiotherapy Hospital has a highly qualified medical team.
FACILITIES OF THE IMOR RADIOTHERAPY HOSPITAL (BARCELONA, SPAIN):
A center specialized exclusively in the care of oncology patients.
A center area of 700 m2 distributed over four floors.
Latest technologies in radiation oncology, including brachytherapy equipment.
Three-dimensional digital imagery.
Comfortable rooms with natural light.
The IMOR Radiotherapy Hospital offers the most modern therapeutic techniques:
– External radiotherapy with linear accelerators which make it possible to perform several techniques: 3D conformal radiotherapy (three dimensions), IMRT, IGRT, VMAT, SBRT
– Intraoperative radiotherapy IORT.
– High dose rate brachytherapy, using a source of iridium-192.
– Brachytherapy for prostate cancer (implant of vector needles or permanent radioactive seeds of iodine-125.
– Ophthalmic brachytherapy using ruthenium-106 eye applicators and iodine-125 grains.
The IMOR Radiotherapy Hospital facilities have the following equipment:
– Two linear accelerators which make it possible to carry out treatments by external radiotherapy
– A high dose rate brachytherapy unit (HDR).
– A low dose rate brachytherapy unit.
– A simulation room equipped with a CT scanner for external radiotherapy and brachytherapy.
– A room for implanting vector needles (permanent radioactive grains).
– A radionuclide storage to process and verify the radioactive sources.
EXCELLENCE AWARDS RECEIVED BY THE IMOR RADIOTHERAPY HOSPITAL (BARCELONA, SPAIN):
2018 IMOR Radiotherapy Hospital receives the Mediterráneo Excelente Excellence Award as recognition for the work carried out in radiotherapy and brachytherapy treatments for oncology patients.
2014 IMOR Radiotherapy Hospital performs the first treatment of breast cancer by intraoperative radiotherapy in Spain. The treatment of breast cancer is carried out using targeted intraoperative radiotherapy with the “Intrabeam Zeiss System”, a low energy X-ray machine.
2009 Doctor Ferran Guedea of IMOR Radiotherapy Hospital receives the gold medal from SFRO (French Society of Oncological Radiotherapy).
2009 Doctor Ferran Guedea receives the Ernest Lluch Prize for his work in the treatment of prostate cancer.
2008 IMOR was awarded the Judith Stitt Prize (awarded by the American Brachytherapy Society), considered the world’s highest distinction in oncology, for its exceptional contribution to the treatment of prostate cancer and improving the quality of lives of patients who suffer from it. In Toronto, the award was presented to Professor Benjamín Guix, who gave a conference on the treatment of prostate cancer by radiotherapy (IMRT) and brachytherapy.
2008 Doctor J. Antonio Lejárcegui of IMOR Oncology Hospital receives the prize for professional excellence awarded by the Official College of Physicians of Catalonia.
2007 Professor Benjamín Guix of IMOR Oncology Hospital receives the prize from the European Society of Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO).
2000 Professor Benjamín Guix receives the International Brachytherapy Prize (ASTRO).
1996 The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs awards Doctor Ferran Guedea the “Palmes Académiques” medal for his collaboration in the field of radiotherapy.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE MORE INFORMATION ON THE IMOR RADIOTHERAPY HOSPITAL (BARCELONA, SPAIN)?
You can also contact us on WhatsApp or Viber on the following phone number: + 34 657 460 421.
If you want a quote, please send a recent medical report.
IMOR RADIOTHERAPY HOSPITAL
C / Escuelas Pias nº 81 – 08017 Barcelona (Spain)
Closest metro stations: Sarrià / Les Tres Torres